Tuesday, July 13, 2004

THAT DAY HAS COME--

POST PHOTO OF TATTOOED STRANGER WITHOUT
PERMISSION = ASS KICKED? OR NEW BLOG
FRIEND?

Well, do I have a story for you!

How did I know this day would finally come? If
you have a similar story to the one I am about
to tell please let me know via my comments
section.

I live in NYC. It is a big place. For months more
like years, I’ve taken photos of total strangers
that often don’t know I am shooting them. Many,
MANY people have asked me how I do it? Am I
ok with that? Do I think it’s wrong or right?
What if I get found out? What would I do?

I take photos but I am also a writer. I see
people around me as characters. The people I am
drawn to photograph, snap me out of the mundane
routine of life as if to say, Hey you! Look
over here! Get out of your head. Are you
getting this? Remember. Life isn't all about
you.


I am not a calloused bitch with no concern of
other people's privacy. The truth is however,
the drive to capture this person, to photograph
them in that exact moment doing that exact
thing is a force more powerful than worrying
if I might get caught.

Until today.

Was it an innocent photo I posted of an elderly,
non-internet savvy woman walking her dog
that got me in trouble?

Oh no. It was rather a tough looking
Tattooed Woman that did me in.

In my inbox today I got this:

"Hi - I saw a photo of one of my best friends on
your fotolog and recently showed it to her and
posted a story about it on my site today. I think
you might find it interesting. it would be awesome
if you could check it out and let me know what you
think...HERE

best regards,
C

Go to C’s link and read what she says about all
this. Not only is she a good writer (and I say
that not only so her tattooed friend doesn’t beat
me up-ha) but she brings up a lot of points
about blogs and privacy today.

Better yet-tell me what do you think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com