Wednesday, November 24, 2004

TURKEY DAY



This is a photo of me grinding some spooky looking side dish for my Long Island school Thanksgiving lunch. Even more scary is that I still have the exact same hairstyle today.

Wish me luck as I plunge forth into holiday hell. Each year my mother-suffering from empty nest syndrome-fills her home with as many humans and pets that one house can possibly hold. Last year we had so many people around the table I sat on a chair behind the second row of chairs with my plate on my lap. I had better seating at a recent Knicks game. My favorite story was the year we finished dinner and my father looked down at the shaggy, well-fed mutt at his feet and said after a moment's pause, 'Who's dog is this?'.

This year's table will include-my hairdresser sister and her two gay guy pals-one from England, a movie critic, an ESL book editor, a MTV host, a Vegan, a history buff, a ranked Scrabble player, a Long Island construction worker, a X-Ray tech, a Psychiatrist and a lot of booze. Tradition has it we all go around the room to say what we are thankful for. One year I said I was thankful for John Glenn. And I really meant it. This year I think I'm just thankful that there is a psychiatrist at the table.

What will you be doing?

9 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

wow! layout changes. i like it, i like it.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Bunny said...

It looks great but I'm not so keen on the blogger comments. What was wrong with the old ones?

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger 990000 said...

woah. nice redesign

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Shiz said...

We LOVE psychiatrists.

LOVE. THEM.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger jasmine said...

I really liked the information on culinary school, great job! I have my own culinary school secrets blog if you would like to come and see what I have on mine.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Steve Austin said...

I like yuor blog. Please check out my chihuahua dog blog.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Free Satellite
Thanks

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger jon said...

I was searching for dog whisperer info and found this post. I agree totally!

Paul

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hi, I was looking around some blogger blogs for some ideas to start my own on ebooks and you have given me some great ideas. Good blog. I will check it out every week. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com