Sunday, April 24, 2005

NOT A SLICE WASTED

Most New Yorkers (no matter how calorie conscious) can appreciate the drunken late night slice. After a few beers you can find us making the trek to particular pizza hot spots such as Sal’s on Avenue A, Lombardi’s on Spring street or Joe's in the West Village.

After a night out with Brooklyn friends we decided to catch the last call of slices over at Joe’s Pizza on Seventh Avenue in Park Slope. The slices were great, the crowd friendly but perhaps the best part was this unusual scene taking place down the street.

An older woman was leaning out her window lowering a blue bag on a string down to the pizza delivery guy. The guy was filling up the bag with extra slices and garlic knots.

KDunk: Hey, what’s going on here might I ask?

Pizza Guy: That’s Rosie. She sends a bag down every night at closing and we give her the leftovers.

KDunk: That’s great! Do you mind if I take a picture?

Pizza Guy: Sure! Why not? Hey, not a slice wasted!

*See Kottke.org for what people guessed was happening in this photo.

16 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Molly said...

NY pizza EVERY NIGHT? When I get old I'm going to move to NYC above a pizza place and do the same thing. I'll get fat but who cares, I'll be old.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger zinktuais said...

thanks for explaining! people in flickr were not too wrong about the story behind the pic!
too funny!
bye!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Holden said...

Hey
I definitely agree with molly....

Your Blog is so cool!!

Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

Matt

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Race Bannon said...

Add the photo to ur blog. They specifcally support blogger

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Race Bannon said...

Makes the story cooler too!!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hi, Ms. Dunk. Where in Park Slope is this? It looks like Fifth Ave. Around 7th Street or so? That's a great photo and nice story.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger r_neg said...

ha! Molly's comment made me laugh

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger 7472 said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site. Most of the articles are on mens male enhancement reviews.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger DailyLinks said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my how to play guitar site

It has all guitar related stuff.

Thanks

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger jon said...

I was looking at your posts about cancer mesothelioma and found a good article about the same cancer mesothelioma info too...

God luck with it : )

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Steve Austin said...

Cute blog. Please visit my cat disease blog. It is all about cat disease.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney Tickets

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger titillation resources said...

Searching for bone cancer symptom treatment and information I found this post. I totally agree with you and think it takes time!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger musica said...

This blog is nice. you can find good information. If you want additional information visit
discount airfare Find the best discount airfare

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger DailyLinks said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

Look at this site I saw while surfing Sign Language for Babies site


Thanks

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Having discovered your blog through the blooger toolbar, I hope you don't mind saying that I have a ebooks site/blog. It pretty much covers ebooks related stuff. Check it out if you have time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com