Tuesday, August 30, 2005

NOT APPLEBEE'S



Last night E took me to dinner for my bday. It was a quiet and amazing place in Brooklyn that we have been once before. The food was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD. I was late to meet him because my train was crawling out to Brooklyn inch by inch. That and I also lost track of time while looking for wedding jewelery. When I finally made my jewelry picks I noticed what time it was. Plus the lady at the counter was like 'Hmmm...what is this thing you call cash register?' so I threw down everything and left. At least I had someone else to blame.

No one likes a happy blog and no one likes to hear how great and in love everyone is but I can't help it. E is adorable. When I finally made it off the train I called him immediately and blamed the lady at the jewelry counter and told him I'd be there in five minutes. He said not to rush because he was having a drink at the bar. It's always good when your husband to be has a drink at the bar after his shitty day BEFORE you meet up for a fancy meal. It just is.

When I arrived he had flowers for me. He pulled out my chair and ordered me a cocktail. He told me how lovely I looked. When I apologized for having to run to the bathroom the minute I arrived he said 'take twenty minutes if you have to'. It was like dating Frank Sinatra. He was just short of slipping me a twenty for the powder room.

When we sat down to our meal it was a quiet table for two by the window with a view. We had the tasting menu. Did I mention the food was SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD? E then excused himself to the bathroom. When he came back a few short minutes later the waitress came out with my mixed berries and cream dessert and with a tiny candle in it. He'd planned the whole thing. When the waitress left I said to E,

K: WOW! Can you BELIEVE they didn't sing Happy Birthday? That's such a relief! PHEW! Did you tell them not to sing? Did ya? Did ya? Thank goodness!!!! Wow.

E: (silence) Honey, this isn't Applebee's.

Perhaps it is true. You can take the girl out of Long Island but you can't take the LI out of the girl.

6 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Infrangible said...

Old smoothy...

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Very cute. :) Congratulations on finding someone that makes us single girls think maybe dealing with these jerks may pay off someday..

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger kaymaria said...

"No one likes a happy blog and no one likes to hear how great and in love everyone is"?!? F*ck dat! There are TOO MANY unhappy, pity-party blogs out there. I've stated this before, it is so refreshing to see shining examples of True Love and the fact that it is often dorky just proves my theory that the two go hand in hand.

Oogle on my sista,
K

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger kaymaria said...

Oh - so where is this dreamy Brooklyn establishment?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger deborah said...

LOVE that you took a photo of your dessert. Happy, in-love blogs are good. There is nothin wrong with telling how sweet the sugar is I say.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger jiri said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you I have a free online dating service. It pretty much covers dating stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com