Monday, August 29, 2005

WHAT 32 IS


Today is my bday. I am 32. At 32 I've:

1. Only been on a roller coaster once
2. Once ate a steak dinner on the Forbes' yacht
3. Lived in England
4. Played on the actual drum set used by Artimus Pyle from Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. Volunteered in a Jamaican hospital where a woman died in my arms
6. Played bass in a pop punk band
7. Grew up with possibly the world's oldest living chicken
8. Stole Halloween candy from the kid I was babysitting for
9. Got thrown out of the Tate museum for laughing too loudly
10. Worked in a perfume factory one summer
11. Am a fantastic backgammon player
12. Was a model in a PAPER magazine fashion show (back in the day)
13. Wrote and published an article about transexual female wrestlers
14. Got hit on by one of the Beastie Boys at a party
15. Shook hands with Tom Hanks
16. Wore a tuxedo while catering and had Bill Gates take a wine off my tray
17. Used to give poetry readings (cringe) in college
18. Once had a subscription to Thrasher magazine
19. Love to draw
20. As a kid was in an ad with Lorne Greene of Bonanza fame
21. Was a Hospice volunteer at Cabrini Medical Center
22. Had a proper ten course meal in a chateau in France at Easter
23. Have always been good with kids
24. Know how to play the flute
25. Had two commercials I wrote go on air
26. Had lunch with Henry Wrinkler aka 'The Fonz' when I was a kid
27. Was named (middle name) after my father's friend that drowned
28. Was lucky enough to mentor a number of kids I am still in touch with today
29. Got locked in a stairwell for 45 minutues at my first job
30. Designed a prop that appeared on Nickelodeon kids show 'Double Dare'
31. Met the love of my life

But I have yet to be 32.

17 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Robert said...

happy birthday! may i have accomplished as much in 7 years. it's not lookin' good, though...

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger alfr3do said...

¡feliz cumpleaños!

great list

you're blog is such a fun place to visit

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

you're so cute.
happy birthday!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger epmd said...

damn, I feel as though I am a slacker at 32. I've got a couple of questions though, What was the double dare prop and what 2 commercials?

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger sac said...

That's Lorne Greene, but you wouldn't have known that as you were just a kid.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger catsteevens said...

blink, blink
Wow.

Now I'm off to wonder what the hell have I been doing?

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger liz said...

i thought your list was kind of lame and braggy, but when i read the thrasher one i totally wanted to call you and go skate the bowl in brooklyn with you this week.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

Happy Birthday... i'm a little bit late, but it's from the heart! ;) Hope you had a perfect day! Kiss

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger kaymaria said...

Your list was a bit intimidating at first then it got all inspiring and started showing me what I've done....not as impressive as yours but it gives me something to work up to.

I hope your birthday was filled with tons of presents and pink frosting,
K

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Happy birthday!
(#8 is awesome!)

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Plantation said...

Happy Birthday. You've had some quite interesting experiences already. I hope whatever you wish for ends up on this list. Be Well.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger dani said...

Very Happy Birthday!!!
Points 5 & 21 touched me.
Point 22 is now on my list.
Point 31 is gorgeous and I've achieved that one too.
Have a wonderful day.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger alissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Curious to know more about 2 & 7..
#8 made me laugh.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Marilyn said...

A helluva fun life already...and still so young. Happy Belated Birthday.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Fab 4 said...

nice list - your blog is really amusing - uh, so... were those wrestlers male or female? I got a little lost...

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger MP3 Doctor said...

Hey, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a Cologne site. It pretty much covers Cologne

related stuff.

Come and have a look if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com