Friday, September 23, 2005

MARRIED IN MAINE

Hello from Maine where I am MARRIED. That's right. Last Saturday on the top of a roof in Brooklyn with the most amazing view of the Brooklyn bridge we got MARRIED. Then we had a rockin' fun party with a mariachi band at a local restaurant just down the block. I'm still on a high from the whole thing.

We've spent the first part of our honeymoon week in Maine acting like total love-struck idiots,

K: Um, HUSBAND...can you pass the milk?
E: Sure...WIFE
(giant beams of hearts streaming to and from our eyeballs)

As I said to E in the car the other day - thank god the honeymoon is only for the people that got married. Otherwise one could potentially lose friendships over how gay we are acting should we subject anyone else to this.

The wedding was a blast I have to say. People just seemed so happy, relaxed and excited. Not only did we have everyone we know and love in one place (almost everyone) I also had the pleasure of having all of my best friends from college there a few days before. I think it really helped me to chill out. I barely saw E. It was kind of good for the both of us. When seeing one another for the first time after a bit I think it added another element of WOW to to the whole experience.

My obsession about crying at my wedding was all for nothing - yes - I was totally obsessed prior to that I might cry at my own wedding. I know I know. Silly. I kept thinking, 'What if people see me? I'm not a 'pretty' crying person - instead my face gets all red and puffy.' Blah blah blah. In the end I didn't cry at all and not in a bad way. I was just so happy I couldn't believe it. Not only that but I think I was stunned by everything going on around me. I kept thinking to myself 'this is really happening...woah'.

I don't know if it is the blogger or writer in me but often I am always looking at situations - even ones I am experiencing at that very moment - from the outside in. For example this huge major life changing thing was happening to me and during the first five minutes of the ceremony all I kept obsessing about was how much the woman performing the ceremony was over pronunciating everything. I know she was doing so in order to speak clearly and loudly enough for everyone on the roof to hear but still I kept thinking about how much she reminded me of LeVar Burton from Reading Rainbow when he read stories to kids. I'm such a freak.

Now it's been a lovely week of relaxing. Currently my 'husband' (HEE HEE) is snoring on the couch under a fort of pillows and I am blogging with a glass of wine. Not much has changed in married life. And I have to say...that is a good thing.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger sheepish said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy living as HUSBAND and WIFE!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger blackbird said...

warmest best wishes to you and the husband.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Sub Girl said...

congrats to you guys!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Korey said...

Congrats! I was the same way during my wedding, kept thinking how surreal the whole thing was. Your "celebrant" was mine, too, and I also couldn't help but think during the ceremony that she was way dramatic. But it made me laugh.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Neil said...

Congrats on your marriage. Don't let the hiking issue get in the way of a long life loving each other!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger kaymaria said...

Much belated congrats!

Yet another coincidence (I vaguely remember a couple of coincidences I commented about in the past, they escape me now): When I got married I had the seamstress sew a pocket in my dress because I just KNEW I was going to cry my eyes out. I cry at card tricks! And yet, I got up there, was surrounded by all My People that know I cry at card tricks and yet I felt utter happiness without a speck of tear - to the point that I whispered to my beloved husband -"I'm having fun - are you having fun?"

Who woulda thunk it!

Enjoy the dorkdom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com