Monday, October 31, 2005

COKE GIRL IN BOLLYWOOD

Today I escaped to lunch with an office friend and enjoyed an amazingly cheap and delicious Indian food buffet not far from where we work. The place was so mellow and nice and the smells of the various food cooking was so intense but in only the best possible way. The place was decorated with Christmas lights and the music fitting the scene. A giant TV playing Bollywood movies was hanging from the wall. We sat down to share a table with a guy sitting by himself.

Me: Mind if we sit here?
G: (pause looking at me) No...not at all.

I sit down and start talking to my friend and the guy is staring over at me. Not in a bad way just in a 'I know you from somewhere' kind of way. Finally I say something,

K: Hi. Good to see you.
G: I'm sorry...are you....Coke girl?

he asked refering to this photo E took of me and posted on-line a while ago.

K: (laughing) Why yes...yes I am.

My co-worker gave a puzzled look and shrugged. We all went back to eating our Indian food. Welcome to New York people where it's a small world after all.

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Donnie Jeter said...

Internet = better world

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Sass said...

I know this feeling well. Suddnely you feel like you are living in the smallest large city.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Valery said...

Funny story...Read this one about wine gift...you'll like it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com