Wednesday, November 02, 2005

TV THERAPY


Shows I watched last night because I was depressed after a long day:

Dog The Bounty Hunter-quite fascinating. It's a real family affair. Especially when Dog's recently knocked up younger daughter Dog hasn't seen in six years 'Baby Lisa' comes to town. Lisa goes on a bust with dad and it was quite a bonding moment. Dog has plenty of wisdom on life to share and I found it really lifted my spirits. Therapy: Like when Dog said, "If there is one lesson I've learned in life it's that if you want something real bad you gotta work your BLEEP off for it."

Random 1 - the new series on A&E about two annoying dudes that ride around in a truck and try and do good things for people. The concept of the show seemed great and the promos got me hooked to watch it but the guys are so unbearable and annoying to watch I don't know that I'll be going back. Therapy: You don't have to be annoying to help people. And it did remind me that my life is pretty good and I should maybe put a cork on that bottle of wine I brought with me to the couch and shut the hell up.

America's Next Top Model - you know...sometimes you really have to not only want something in life but really REALLY act like you do so that it is visible on the outside too. Therapy: Plus it doesn't matter if you are fat or thin or black or white it's your inner beauty and self-love that will carry you through life. (yeah right)

My Fair Brady - Adrienne from an old America's Next Top Model season (who speaks like her jaw is wired shut) is shacking up with Bobby from the Brady Brunch. Therapy: If you at any point in your relationship thought it was going REALLY badly...it wasn't and you will know this after watching these people.

Hogan Knows Best - I am slightly addicted to this show I will admit it. I am fascinated how Hulk and his wife Linda raise two kids and try and keep them being good kids despite their celeb status. I am also fascinated that they have their very own tanning booth in the upstairs bathroom. Therapy: You thought your dad was tough on you as a teenager, at least he didn't have a one on one with a kid you wanted to go to Busch Gardens with and grill him on his sex life.

To be honest...I must confess...I watched three episodes back to back of Hogan Knows Best. And just so you know, when a bunch of Research and Programming people sit in a conference room in Times Square speaking of ways to 'hook the viewer' with various 'programming blocks' they are speaking of me. Hooking me. Hook line and sinker. Tired, bad mood, wine bottle and chips in hand, wearing husband's sweats and sweatshirt - hood up trying to make the world go away for a while - even if only in short, half hour blocks.

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger K said...

i watched Random 1 too and thought the same thing. id like to get into the show but doesnt it seem like the two guys are annoyed by each other. i thought it was going to be this nice funny uplifting show. whats with the idiot comments and hostility towards the team? sheesh. it completely turned me off.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger alissa said...

wine with chips? really?

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger kaymaria said...

Holy cow, that was practically my evening without the crappy day (sorry) except for Hogan - I draw the line at that show. Am I crazy for really wanting Peter and Adrienne to work it out?!? And that butch girl from ANTM..."I know I have a face for couture" PARDON?!? I did think Baby Lisa's baby's bikini was precious though BL could have gone the extra step to make it less revealing for the cameras. The two guys on Random 1 were far too "perky phone solicitor/door-to-door seller" to make it a workable show.

Did you ever see 30 Days? I'm excited that that's coming back - it's like reality tv without the bad aftertaste.

On that note, I hope today is better than yesterday.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Joe said...

LOL! It sounds like you needed a good book to read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com