Friday, November 18, 2005

WE MET ON THE INTERNET

photo by overshadowed

This is a photo of me and my pal S, fellow blogger otherwise known as Two-Minute Happiness. We met three years ago - three? - on the internet. Yes. On the internet. She is from Australia. Moved to Tokyo and now lives in London. Talk about a world traveler. I kept hoping to visit her in these various places but she moves so fast it's hard to catch up.

She was breezing through New York recently - her second visit here. Her first visit we walked over the Brooklyn bridge and had pizza. This second visit I told her I'd meet her and a group of pals at Congee village for a round table meal of yummy Cantonese cuisine complete with tasty pina coladas. Typical us - on my way down to meet her I had a feeling that we might run into one another. Sure enough as I boarded the subway down to Congee village I did. Out of all the cars and times and trains to get on New York City there was my little internet pal S from Australia who just lived in Tokyo and now lives in London wearing her cool scarf that she made featuring a happy snake head on it. There are so many reasons to like such a person as S. And this is just one of them.

*On a side note apparently I have the longest arm in the world based on this photo

9 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Angelo Franco said...

You both are very cosmopolitan looking young ladies, one with snake head scarf and you with those wonderfully luscious lips. Oh well, don't worry about the long arm, it hangs well.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger M-m-m-m-m-m-m-Momo said...

Phwoar. Those bee-sting lips. Yeah, you've got the longest arm, I've seemingly got lockjaw. We're a match made in heaven, K!

xoxo

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Drew said...

I lost those very earrings heading home from a party one night. Good to see you're still sporting yours!

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger jlp said...

Huzzah! I had no idea Momo continued blogging after the demise of Momo Freaks Out. I followed her blog while I was living in Tokyo. I found it funny how our paths never crossed despite her adventures around town sounding so familiar to me. Good to see that there is still more Momo to read.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Plantation said...

Very cool.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sass said...

I've met some of the coolest people on the internet.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

your friend S really looks like a brazilian actress called alinne moraes...

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Small worl indeed! I followed momom to Tokyo and then her husband. Visited often but never heard from her so after a year I gave up. She is a delightful caracter and wild shoes! Good to no she is ok!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger edieraye said...

I am soooo jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com