Friday, February 17, 2006

GRANDMOTHERS


Women love their grandmothers. Men too. In fact the stories I hear of E's grandmother Birdie are so cute and adorable I feel like I was once lucky enough to meet her although didn't. I think women especially love their grandmothers. Why? Because they aren't their mothers. Mom, if you are reading this I think you'd agree.

Almost every woman I know has in her possession an old photo or two of her grandmother. I am lucky enough to have many. In each photo my grandmother is such a stylish woman. Her jewelry, her clothes. The way she carried herself in the photographs. Thinking very much of her today.

8 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Infrangible said...

Where is that top photo taken? I'm assuming somewhere in Asia?

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger KDunk said...

not sure. i'll ask my mother

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Infrangible said...

Thanks. By the way, your Yaya is a stone fox.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger SwallowedAlive said...

Both photos are great but that top photo is such a great juxtaposition of beauty against some third worldliness. An avatar of grace making her way through all corners of the world. Very good.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

you have something of her... ;) and she was pretty elegant indeed!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Terri said...

You've encouraged me to get a couple of the photos I have of my grandmothers that are just tucked away in scrapbooks, get them out and get them framed. Just looking at the pictures of yours is so inspiring. If I ever have grandchildren will they ever look at a photo of me and feel the same? I never thought of that. As I mentioned above, both my grandmothers are alive (how lucky am I?)!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger zinktuais said...

wow, she was gorgeous!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Your grandmother was beautiful - something about the top photo makes her look like a more beautiful Frances McDormand...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com