Monday, February 27, 2006

RETRO BLOGGER

I was at a loft party recently. It was full of cool, serious blogger types. You know...people that spend most of their time or their living for the most part writing blogs with a purpose. With consistency. At the party the best comment came from one of these blogger types after our lovely host introduced me (cringe) as someone that also has a blog.

After hearing my blog had no user sign in, no ads, no following, no traffic, no point, no nothing at all in fact and is merely rants and raves of my so called boring life he said, (and really meant it) "Oh my god! That's so cool! You're like...a retro old school blogger!" I'm so not cool that I'm cool. Awesome.

9 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Martha said...

I never read earnest blogs. They suck.

I love your blog. 'Nuff said.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Floyd Tiny said...

You know the point of your blog is not attention and ads... it's for you. And those of us that quietly enjoy reading your posts.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger catsteevens said...

"A retro old school blogger"

I hate labels, but this seems to fit me too. I wouldn't know what to do if I got some traffic (or an actual following --- gasp!) on my blog. I've also recently learned that I'm a "techtard."

I guess I should go blog about it :)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow. I feel cool just for being a regular lurker now. I'm an old-school lurker (well I was, but now I'm out).

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Floridora said...

Gosh, what does that make me? You are number 1 on my favorites list and I check several times a day. You are my kind of blogger!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger PapaUrchin said...

Funny, I recently read that Going big isn't about making money or not making money. For me it's about not thinking small anymore. Now you are telling me that being small (wether you think small or not) is retro cool. What next the only true zen is a blog with no readers?

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger littlesnoring said...

Ditto.

I really enjoy your observations about life from the other side of the planet.

Don't stop...

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger DemonioAngelico said...

You give us boring inconsistent bloggers hope. Power to the writer who makes the mundane interesting!!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger zinktuais said...

haha!! you retrorock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com