Wednesday, March 15, 2006

SURFACE REPORT

Last night I was trying to get a cab in the worst place known to man to get a cab. 17th Street and 5th Avenue at 7pm. Despite living here most my life I still waited in the freezing cold as if one might appear.

Then...who runs out in front of me but a model looking woman. Her scarf wrapped loosely around her neck and long hair. A tiny thin jacket, tight jeans carrying close to 5 Victoria Secret bags. She was standing next to a large Victoria Secret employee who looked like a security guard also carrying 5 or so Victoria Secret bags. After some staring I realized that it was in fact Victoria Secret's super model - Gisele.

Gisele: (getting increasingly annoyed) There are no cabs here... (duh)
VS Security Guard: I know. You gotta wait and something will come.
Gisele: I just... I need to get home.
VS Security Guard: I hear you. Wait is that one?
Gisele: No it's not. Where did my friend go? I lost my friend.

I was going to take a photo of the two of them from behind. But then I didn't. I couldn't get over the fact she was still wearing Ugg boots.

6 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

i read your dialogue imagining her accent... she speaks with a certain accent.. i think brazilians never get to speak english as americans do!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger jayKayEss said...

"the worst place known to man. 17th Street and 5th Avenue"

Uhm, that's the precise spot where I work. Upstairs from The Gap.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger KDunk said...

worst place to get a CAB not in general. don't mess with a woman with a UTI.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

wow.. did she look sickly thin in person? i've heard, mostly from a friend who used to live in vegas and celeb spot regularly, that folks who look good on tv and in print in person look like they could use a cheeseburger or two. and that gisele is TINY.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger catsteevens said...

What made you not take the picture?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger catsteevens said...

Was it the Uggs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com