THE PHOTOS YOU MISS
So many photographers I admire often talk about the photographic moments they miss in a day. Some keep records of them. I can see why. If you can't capture them you can at least write about them. Here were mine today:
- A velvet painting like cake with an exact replica of a woman's face on it given to the woman featured on the cake
- A man carrying the body of a tuba in one hand (no case) and the giant bell of the tuba in the other in the subway
- A woman with pearl white hair in the exact shape of a basketball
- A young guy carrying a brown paper bag with a pot plant in it (I know because I thought I was seeing things and then ran into him again moments later in the deli where he caused quite a flurry of giggles)
- An old man with a sad face sitting in front of a window featuring vintage Marilyn Monroe posters
- A man resembling the stereotype of a 'mobster' chewing on a toothpick with aviator shades on and a white T-shirt that read "I'm a Psychic"
- A man dressed in a blazer with many buttons on it eating a tiny pink donut with sprinkles
Sometimes I think to myself, "Only in New York!" but then again I'm not so sure.