Wednesday, June 28, 2006

PICKLE

I got my college bulletin in the mail recently. It's just such a funny thing to catch up and read about all of these people that you used to go to college with. In college you don't have families you have these people. These people are your tiny town, your small world and in some cases your family. And then you graduate and where do they all go? They stuff themselves into the form of short little paragraphs in the college bulletin living in worlds no longer familiar to you.

The updates - so and so is a Christian novelist. So and so lives in Germany as a ski teacher. So and so spends her time 'volunteering for the Junior League' when she is not 'scrap booking in her free time'. And how is it possible that Lulu - that redhead known for partying with the best is a mother of a 5 yr old and has two more children to boot? All I can say is now that I am older - it's possible.

The best news perhaps a web site address for a long lost friend - a friendly, real person in a tipsy four years away that kept me stable with her friendship and laughter and realness. I always wondered what came of her. Now a mother. A photo of her on the website. There she is in a pretty shirt with her sweet happy looking baby boy that is reaching out to a full plate of pickles.

Life has passed me at odd speeds as of late. Dad sick. Dad better. Zoom. No control. Things falling through the cracks. Then SLOW. Time not moving. The expiration date on the milk further than it was yesterday. I swear.

3 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger zinktuais said...

nice post. i'm so glad you're back...!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger alfr3do said...

It is always good to read from you. I hope that time is on your side.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger john_m_burt said...

This is why, most of the time, when people ask me how I'm doing, I just say, "Life goes on."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com