Tuesday, August 29, 2006

33

Today I am 33. I woke up a little sad but it soon disappeared with all the nice things that have come my way this morning:

flowers
gift certificate
heartfelt card with envelope reading "#1 wife"
beautiful necklace from parents
my office desk decorated with photos/balloons/rose petals/streamers
donuts in our staff meeting
tons of emails and calls from friends all over the world
soon to be yummy dinner at Babbo

Overall I feel so lucky. 33 has been an amazing year. I got married. Changed jobs. Put my writing out there on-air and on print. Traveled a ton. Boosted my confidence again. I think I felt a little sad this morning because it's in my nature to be a refelective dork when things change in my life. I need it. I need to feel the low before the high. It's the way I've always been.

Things I want to do in 34:

Learn how to sail
Write more
Be a better friend to some people
Keep laughing and try to be a little less serious
Mentor again
More mini-creative projects - things I can accomplish w/a full time job
Volunteer more
Read my new digital camera manual
Write more letters and/or postcards
Go to Portugal

There is more on the list that I'll keep private.
For now - why blog everything.

9 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Rosa said...

Happy birthday!
...I'm looking forward to that last thing on your list.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger EightDegree said...

Happy B-day!

Every morning I still enjoy the handmade postcard you send out to readers. 33 rocks! My best year so far...

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Floridora said...

Happy Birthday! Work hard on that list of things you want to do. I am 48 years older than you (I'm good at math) and my list keeps growing.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger alissa said...

Happy Birthday!! Your dinner is sure to be amazing!!!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

happy b.day! it's gonna be a wonderful day, i'm sure... and the last thing on the list must be done! ;)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger zinktuais said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY #1 BLOGGER!!!
WISH YOU THE BEST FOR YOUR 34!!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger RunDeep said...

Happy Birthday K!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger M-m-m-m-m-m-m-Momo said...

2 days late, but happy birthday!!!!! xx

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger CC said...

You couldn't be a better friend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com