Monday, September 04, 2006

LOST

Today in trying to be good and organized I downloaded all my photographs for the month of August off my new camera's memory card and put them in proper folders by date on my desktop. I then reformated my memory card. I then began to burn a CD of these photographs but it said 'not enough memory' on the CD and wouldn't allow me to burn. So... I then took some of the photos off the CD I was burning and put them back on to my desktop. In the process my computer asked me if I wanted to 'replace' all my files I was moving from the CD I was burning with the ones on my desktop - (aka make an alias of) and for whatever frickin' reason...I said yes. What I am trying to say in the most boring way possible is that basically I deleted all of the original files of my photographs for the entire month of August in the process. Gone. For good.

E worked for over an hour to retrieve them but he couldn't. This is a much bigger deal than I can possibly explain to you seeing how many of the photographs I took in August had the potential to earn me a little extra cash this month (a couple hundred bucks per photo) and now no longer exist. I have been crying on and off all day at what a dumb mistake it was. I haven't felt this bad since I left one of my digital cameras in the back of a taxi cab never to be seen again.

6 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

Oh my god, that sucks.

Just sucks.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Eliot said...

Hey, I'm not done trying yet!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger zinktuais said...

i'm sorry you had such a horrible day. i can totally understand how sorry you are for the lost of your pics of an entire month! god, that's bad, bad luck.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Joana said...

Did he try using software that allows you to retrieve photos from the memory card, even if deleted? I have a computer wizard as a boyfriend and he just told me that such a software does exist and could be heplful. Drop me a line if you want more information. :)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger dani said...

that is truly hideous news!!! i so feel for you.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger janet said...

They say nothing is ever gone for good on a computer. Good luck retrieving them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com