Tuesday, November 21, 2006

PEPPERONI SWEATER

My life is highly irritating at times in such lame, unimportant and surface oriented ways. Sigh.

For example:

On Saturday I found a new store near my house. It was amazing. A goldmine of sweaters. Sweaters and sweaters and more sweaters. Cool and stylish and affordable sweaters. I was so excited. All together I bought three.

Sunday night I couldn't decide which to put on. Finally did.

Then...

-packed new sweater in gym bag to change into later for dinner
-went to gym
-after gym put on new black sweater
-went to dinner at brick oven pizza place aka big smokefest of smells
-ordered pepperoni pizza

Then this happened...

-during dinner noticed giant hole in left hand part of sweater
-pissed sweater had hole so obsessed about it rest of night
-next day called store
-nice sweater lady said bring it back for store credit no problem!

But...today before leaving work to return sweater I...

-took sweater out of bag just to triple check hole before returning to store
-giant WAVE of pepperoni pizza smells came out of bag
-sat at desk for good 10 mins wondering if it was morally wrong to return sweater that smells of pepperoni pizza
-took poll in office making various officemates smell sweater - final tally: 3 "NO" it does not smell like pizza - 2 "YES"

Finally...

-Email husband E who is busy at work but takes time to respond to my 'sweater crisis'. He writes back supportively but yet somehow guyish:
"Wear a black shirt under it and you won't notice the hole."

One last finally...

-Call best friend in Vancouver who says after a moments thought quite girlishly:
"Return it. Tell the woman your whole pizza story. Also if you don't attempt to return it every time you put on the stupid sweater you will think about nothing else but the hole and how you wished you had attempted to at least return it."

Gotta love chicks.

9 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger posthipchick said...

I love that you called Canada to "work it out". Awesome.

Yup, gotta love chicks.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger M-m-m-m-m-m-m-Momo said...

Heehee. Love the pragmatic guy vs long-winded girl "let's get the whole story out in the open here, so you don't walk out of the store with your duly exchanged sweater and have the woman think you are some pizza-loving freak who gnawed a hole in their own perfectly sound sweater while waiting for the pepperoni to arrive" response. I am like this, with a guilt-ridden reaction to everything. I would worry about the pizza smell, worry that maybe the woman thought I created the hole (in a scenario like the one above), and to top things off, that maybe I stole it (the sweater and the pizza) in the first place.

Where was I? Hi Kdunk!!!! xx

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger catsteevens said...

I would IM every person on my buddy list not only asking them "return or not return," but going in detail with the entire story. Ha!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

not nice... not nice! good luck!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Dori said...

There's always febreeze--a few squirts and bye, bye, pizza fumes!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I am on pins and needles -- what happened when you returned the sweater?
Your Thanksgiving feast retelling made me hungry for stuffing.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Freudian Slip said...

Continue to await your update with much anticipation :) I can definitely feel for your situation, that's how I'd feel too.
Matt

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger bahar19852010 said...

what is pizza story???


Innovative way of writing,
Life is wonderful….just hope that everybody realize it… 
Cheers,
clonazepam alcohol
clonazepam doses

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger ader45 said...

it a story about pizaa man....


Cheers,
how to get rid of bad breath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com