Friday, November 03, 2006

YOGA WITH GENE SIMMONS



For all of you that believe that pigs can fly - well here's one for ya: I've been taking yoga. Yeah that's right. Hard to believe I know. Just when I was convinced I might be the only woman left in Brooklyn that didn't board the subway with a fruit roll-up style yoga mat - here I am.

The biggest bummer of the year is that I waited until my very best friend and most talented yoga teacher in the universe moved away until I decided to go for it. Whatever. As usual it took me a while to get my act together. And plus while she was here I had several on and off yoga experiences that I must confess were horrible. I found myself very angry in class the entire time and totally unable to relax. I'm talking full of rage. The insides of my body burning with fire as I sat there thinking horrible evil thoughts of the various teachers such as, "I hate this girl." or "How did this woman get this job?" Not sure what was going on with me exactly but I think it's safe to say I still find it hard to relinquish control much less pay someone to tell me to move this. Bend that. Sit like this. Turn like that. Pfft. No way.

But...things have changed slightly. What got me going again was my boss teaches a basic yoga class at our office once a week. This is good for people like me and the others in our office - stressed out overworked exhausted TV people that barely have time to run to the bathroom much less bend like Gumby next to a Hewlett Packard printer every Wednesday at 6PM. I've also taken several classes at the YMCA one with a very good teacher and one with a very anal annoying teacher with a horrible voice. But believe it or not it doesn't matter now. I am realizing the more I do yoga and can really let myself be bad at various poses in class - not know what comes next - trust someone else to take me where I need to go - the better it feels in the end. Gene Simmons could be teaching my yoga class and frankly if in the right state of mind I might not even notice.

9 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger aaannnaaa said...

i would like to try it for real... but no much yoga classes around here... ;)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger sac said...

I don't know if Gene Simmons teaches yoga, I'm pretty sure you can buy KISS yoga mats.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger dani said...

i started late too.last year. i never felt better.
and then i gave it up after 9 mths.
you've insprired/reminded me to start again!!!

yoga rules!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Nicolas said...

Top informative story!

search it. buy it. love it.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Tutorialblog said...

Nice picture and great post!

Would love to see you in My Photocommunity

Reg Chris

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Valery said...

It's great to read this article when you just beginning yoga! thanks!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger bahar19852010 said...

Somehow, pig can fly.... if you gave them wing of course...hahaha


Thanks for a nice artile..
may you have a wonderful day…
gambate….
Cheers,
codeine in cough syrup
diet medication phentermine

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger ader45 said...

pig will only fly if you gave them parachute... hahaha


Cheers,
how to get rid of bad breath

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger lucky said...

Yoga is really great to keep fit. I also like belly dancing.It's also good for our health.When women are dancing,they look comfortable and with great confidence.I intend to have a belly dancing class and learn it.Wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com