Tuesday, December 12, 2006

MISSING



When you plan a wedding it is inevitable you will obsess about something. Some about the color of the napkins and others about the food. For me it was a photo slide show that I painstakingly put together featuring at least one photo of mostly everyone at the wedding that attended.

I gathered the photos from old college and family photo albums. I emailed relatives far away for photos even my parents hadn't seen. I called E's Aunt in Califoria for ones of him as a child he didn't know about. Needless to say I lost a lot of sleep over the project but the end result was over 200 amazing photos spanning all periods of our life with friends and family - the focus on them and not us.

The day of the wedding the slide show started. We had planned for it to run on a loop on a big screen that came down dramatically from the ceiling while people were finishing eating and walking around before dessert. Instead they sat glued in their seats laughing and watching each and every photo from all the various eras.

When the slideshow got to about 40 photos all of the sudden the loop began and started right back to the beginning. I panicked. It played the same 40 once more and than looped again. Where were the other 160 photos I had gathered?

I don't have many regrets from my wedding but that is the biggest one. Tonight while fishing through an old box from the basement I came across those CDs. It sounds super dramatic but my stomach drops each time I pop in the cds and remember which ones never made it to the big screen.

The bottom line is that people enjoyed the night and most importantly I married my husband. In the end people did get something from the slideshow and I guess when it comes down to it only I knew what they were missing.

7 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger panajane said...

Congratulations on your marriage! I wish you much love and happiness!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate said...

Yes! Congratulations! Getting married is a big deal! I hear you are going to Charlotte North Carolina once you get back from your honeymoon. You will need good information on that. Here is a link that I find appropriate for Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate. I was amazed at all the great details it has!
Charlotte North Carolina Real Estate

Let me know when you get back from your honeymoon. It should be fun!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger DemonioAngelico said...

I think whenever you finish a big personal project the hardest part is comparing what was with what could've been.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Hi. Are you interesting in a link exchange with my blog ?
Marina

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

What a great idea for a wedding! I know everyone must have enjoyed that very much...

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger bahar19852010 said...

The same thing happen to me...


Hi, just found your website….
and I must say, nice article there…
just be yourself…thanks a 
Great,
tramadol alcohol
buy cheap online soma

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger ader45 said...

hope you have a long lasting married


Cheers,
how to get rid of bad breath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


powered by SignMyGuestbook.com